Saturday 31 August 2013

Holiday Diary 24th-30th August

It's a good week because it's Eddie's birthday on Thursday, and I know Mummy and Daddy have a surprise for him!

I walked to town with Mummy in the sunshine, and we bought smarties, flour and icing sugar for Eddie's cake. I used my pocket money to buy a Simpson's book from the shop to read at home. It has lots of cartoon strips in it.

On Wednesday, Eddie kept asking me what his surprise was but I wouldn't tell him! I helped Mummy make the birthday cake by reading the recipe out. I also got to measure the flour. I had to be very careful not to put too much in! 

At bedtime, when Eddie was asleep, I crept downstairs to write in his birthday card, ready for the morning> It has Meerkats on!

On Thursday, Eddie woke me up super early! He wanted to go and open his presents but Daddy said it was still dark and not morning yet. We went in Eddie's room and had a cuddle until Daddy said we could come downstairs.

We had birthday breakfast. Eddie chose Croissants for his breakfast as they are his favorite. Then he opened his presents. He got a big boat, some clothes and a twisty track for his cars that works with friction.

Then it was time for Eddie's surprise- we went to Odds Farm.

I had been before so told Daddy the way to go, even though he had the sat nav. When we got there, I knew where to go and get our ticket, and where to get food to feed the goats and sheep.

It was very hot! I couldn't wait to show Eddie the parks in the farm. We went to see the farm animals first. I fed the goats and one of them pinched the bag of food from me! Daddy grabbed it back though. Eddie was a bit scared to feed the animals but he had fun stroking their heads. He liked the baby goats best.



We saw some cows, some more goats, and then we went in the maze. Mummy thought we should have brought the sat nav, as we got a bit lost! I remembered that we had to find the tractors to find the way out and we soon found the exit again.

I played in the park, on the Monkey Bars and helped Eddie go down the tunnel slide. Even though he is 5 he is still very little and he gets a bit scared so I like to be his big sister and show him it's not scary.

We went to watch the Sheep race. I chose yellow, Barberella, and so did Daddy and Eddie. Mummy chose red. We won and we got a medal! I was so happy. Mummy didn't win one! Poor Mummy!




We got to have a go on the tractors. Daddy was impressed with my driving. Mummy was not as I chased her round the track! Eddie liked the tractors too.

Next we went on the tractor trailer ride around the farm, and got very close to some cows and goats who were lying under a tree in the shade. They didn't seem to mind us watching them for a while.



The biggest surprise for Eddie was when we went in the play barn. There are giant slides and soft play pits. We got our shoes off and ran round like mad things for ages. Daddy said he should bring Eddie on the big slide in case he was scared. Mummy and me think that Daddy just wanted to have a go on the slide!



We then had dinner in a restaurant, I had chicken and potatoes with lots of vegetables. It was yummy!

At tea time, we sang Happy Birthday to Eddie, and he got to blow the candles out on the cake I helped Mummy make. He loved his cake!

We had such a lovely time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for saying hello!